In this role, the analyst will work closely with MaRS teams to support innovative ventures with market research. The analyst will work closely with companies to understand their needs as well as collaborate with the Market Intelligence team to develop research assets and tools to continually improve their service offerings for ventures.
- Work closely with ventures on engagements to support their growth by: scoping the project, creating a project proposal and framework, conducting research and analysis, having frequent check-in's with ventures, and presenting recommendations and findings, to help them progress against their challenges, and achieve their milestones
- Leading digital content product development (by working closely with Content & Programs/MI team) to develop market research assets, tools and frameworks to drive scalability and streamline MI's service offerings to the startup ecosystem and partners
- Reviewing market research questions from early-stage companies and curating relevant secondary market research reports through database searches, that help startups address key questions/challenges around market sizing, market segmentation, market trends, customer insights, or competitors
- Act as a thought leader for MaRS by developing content and products (such as whitepapers, articles, Guides, etc.) in order to share knowledge widely across the organization and externally on specific topics (e.g. sector, market, product, methodology, etc.)
- Working closely with colleagues to develop strategies and methodologies to elevate the team's market research capabilities and refine service offerings
- Ensures diligent and updated reporting and documentation of client interactions and engagements on Salesforce, Asana and other relevant platforms, to maintain team visibility into updated venture challenges, future project pipeline and general bandwidth
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or Commerce
- Knowledge and interest in Health, Cleantech or Technology sectors
- 1-2 years of experience in scoping and designing research projects, drafting project proposals, executing market research studies and managing project timelines
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, innovative technology & market research
- Highly adaptable to change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, efficient and able to plan and manage time effectively
- Able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and external clients
- Proficient in primary and secondary research
Applications will close at 5pm EDT on August 24, 2022.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there's anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.