Technical Marketing Engineer
APIs form the foundation of the application innovation needed to drive business success today. Across banks, retail and transportation, IoT, autonomous vehicles, and smart cities, every modern app depends on APIs. Without secure APIs, organizations in both public and private sectors cannot rapidly innovate. Attackers realize APIs are the conduits to all sorts of valuable data and services – APIs have become a top threat vector, and the need to protect APIs is becoming the number one priority for all organizations.
Salt Security is defining the API security market and has delivered the only patented solution to discover all APIs and their exposed data, stop API attackers, and provide remediation insights for application teams to deliver more secure APIs.
At Salt, we’re passionate about API security and everything we do to foster innovation. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment, including quickly seeing the results of your work, making an outsized impact on our company and the market, and finding new ways to solve a diverse set of challenges.
Want to make a big difference and be part of the team that is defining API security? We want to meet you!
Technical Marketing Engineer – fully remote
You will lead our competitive analysis here at Salt and create educational and humorous technical content to evangelize API security and the Salt approach. Competitive work will be the majority of your time as this space is heating up and getting very popular.
You’ll build a deep understanding of the API security market, the Salt Security API Protection Platform, and the competitive landscape. Collaborating with the Product Management team, you’ll create the technical content that fuels our competitive understanding and positioning. From short “kill shots” to internal battlecards to customer-facing comparisons, you’ll educate Salt and the broader world on how our platform compares to others and where Salt shines.
- Proactively create and update competitive battlecards and other positioning collateral to help teams across the sales cycle and in many technical roles better position Salt.
- Provide competitive information targeted to different industries, personas, and internal customers to convey the key areas of differentiation for Salt.
- Create evaluation guide collateral (whitepapers, RFP templates, checklists) that prospects and Salt teams can use to define key capabilities in the API security market.
- Produce original, technical content – in written and video form – to educate the community on API security issues, including API security incident analysis, how-to aids, best practices, tutorials, and other guidance.
- Contribute to a team of technical resources providing analysis for media response opportunities about public API incidents, breaches, and privacy-impacting events.
- Create and maintain an API incident repository to share information including a brief recap of the API security incident, business impact, mitigation steps a company could have taken, and, for internal audiences, how the Salt platform could have helped identify or block the attack.
- Contribute to content for webinars, industry event speaking opportunities, and other public events where we can share API security knowledge.
- 6+ years in technical analyst, competitive analysis, or technical marketing roles focused on the security industry. Hands-on experience in application security, SoC, or WAF deployments is a plus.
- Deep experience creating effective competitive positioning materials in a dynamic and competitive security market.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Creativity to present ideas in new formats and multiple mediums, illustrating complex concepts in simple ways.
- Ability to thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, and not afraid to take risks.
- Ability to execute quickly while remaining detail-oriented and delivering with high quality.
- Ability to operate and excel at strategic as well as tactical levels.