Solution Marketing Specialist Marketing
The Solution Marketing Specialist will support compelling solution and product positioning and messaging, market and industry research, go to market strategies, and sales enablement for the Unified Operations solutions area. While this role is an individual contributor, this is a highly collaborative role, and requires working in close partnership with Product Management, Sales, Services, Marketing, and other internal stakeholders to drive success.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Go-To-Market strategy for the Unified Operations solution area. Partner with Marketing Campaigns to align efforts and effectively position and message the solutions in the market.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates PowerSchool’s product solutions in the market.
- Communicate the value proposition of our solutions and products to the sales team and develop sales enablement tools and collateral that support the selling process.
- Write rich content for assets including case studies, flyers, blog posts, and other content vehicles.
- Implement a persona-based writing style directed toward the pain points of key stakeholders and influences.
- Help develop buyer personas for all products, monitor relevant market and industry research by speaking with key industry stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, develop competitive battlecards, messaging and positioning for their respective solution area.
- Support product launch activities and execution by collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative, and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, or business.
- 2-3 years’ experience in software product marketing, solution marketing, or product management role required.
- K-12 Student Information Systems (SIS) or enrollment experience, a plus!
- Strong verbal and writing/presentation building skills
- Excellent organizational, project management skills and the ability to work under pressure with tight timelines
- Proficient with Office 365 including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with cross-functional teams and solve challenges collaboratively
- Able to be a self-starter, to set priorities and maneuver the corporate environment
- Passionate about technology and becoming an expert in areas of product marketing ownership
- When in office, you will work in a collaborative environment with co-workers.
- Expect social interactions and interruptions.
- Frequent work under time restraints
- Occasional travel
- Occasionally carrying items weighing under 10 lbs.
- Rarely carrying items weighing between 11-20 lbs.
- Occasionally reaching over shoulder
- Overhead and reaching outward
- Occasionally bending
- Frequently walking normal surfaces
- Constant sitting
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
- Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Wellness Program, including ClassPass& Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation hourly rate for this position is $32.69 – $37.50. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.