Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that's disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry? Avalara is a leading provider of cloud-based tax compliance solutions. We deliver solutions for global transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, GST, excise, communications, lodging, and other indirect tax types, designed to help businesses achieve and maintain compliance. Our vision is to be the global cloud compliance platform.
The Product Marketing team at Avalara is the driving force behind getting products to market and ensuring their ongoing success. We do this by gathering market insights, channeling the voice of the customer, understanding the buyer and the buying process, crafting reusable positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation statements, and enabling sales and marketing to create demand and close deals.
We are looking for a passionate product marketing manager to join Avalara's Product Marketing team. As a Product Marketing Manager for our Tax Returns product, you are expected to think and act strategically and tactically, from creating a marketing strategy and product/solution positioning to the brass tacks of execution on messaging and measurement. In this role, you will work closely with product management, sales, and marketing to create go-to-market strategies that move the needle. You will develop and maintain detailed knowledge of all related products and services, working cross-functionally to develop a comprehensive go-to-market plan and communicate details about our unique value in the tax compliance market.
***Qualified applicants must be within a commutable distance to our Durham, NC office as this is a hybrid role***
- Collaborate with Product Management to distill key functionality and benefits for upcoming features and services into product marketing messages.
- Engage with field and partner marketing teams to identify and integrate joint messaging and content into lead generation, customer engagement, and product adoption-focused marketing programs.
- Work with prospect marketing to develop detailed digital strategies, campaign plans, and creative briefs, including campaign goals, segmentation strategy, messaging, and distribution channels.
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and presentations, customer success stories, and videos.
- Develop and execute breakthrough product marketing activities that effectively reach target audiences.
- Work with sales to ready our general and specialized sales teams on our value propositions and messaging.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external audiences (analysts, customers, CRUSH sessions, and third-party, public events) on Avalara's compliance platform
- Collaborate with other product marketers to develop cross-portfolio messaging and content.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or a relevant field of studies such as computer science
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with an innate attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- MBA preferred
- Prior experience in financial technologies or tax compliance
- Experience in a high-growth business-to-business technology company
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation. The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Brazil, Canada, India, U.K, Belgium and across Europe.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.