Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence
San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
Who are we looking for?
You love to win and never back down from a chance against competition. Your expertise in summarizing actionable plans through research amazes and inspires others to help. You have a strong vision of where the competitive market is going and can deliver on plans to continue Culture Amp’s market leadership position.
Your strength in analysis, strategy and collaboration directly impacts key company goals and daily you are partnering with sales, marketing and customer success to help them win more deals and retain more customers.
We’re rounding out our incredible product and customer marketing team with an exciting role of competitive intelligence senior manager. In this role you’ll collaborate deeply with Marketing, Product, Customer Success and Sales to ensure competitive insights and actions are embedded across the company. Your insights and research will improve competitive positioning, increase our differentiation, and help sales win more deals. Your work will directly impact our product planning cycles, enablement and competitive win rate.
What you'll need to be successful
- Proven track record of creating and managing a competitive intelligence program at both a strategic level and across day to day influence and actioning of research.
- Expertise with multiple research methodologies, data analysis, vendor management and program management.
- Expertise in competitive positioning, messaging and engaging with customers (in partnership with sales).
- Ability to leverage competitive information and work with teams to anticipate changes and opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to engage and collaborate with stakeholders and action insights and goal towards key company metrics.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles across consulting, venture capital, SaaS, or similar markets; high-growth or early stage startup experience is a plus
What you'll be doing
- Running our competitive win / loss research program and managing actions across teams.
- Empowering marketing with pointed and impactful positioning.
- Distilling information across your research and recommending roadmap opportunities that increase differentiation, new revenues and customer value.
- Collaborating deeply with our enablement team to empower sales and customer success with training, battlecards, objection handling, and customer facing content.
- Assisting sales with customer discussions and deals.
- Assessing the competitive landscape, industry developments and emerging customer needs to help guide the strategy of Culture Amp.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the culture we have built but don't just take our word for it; our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have four values that we live by; take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks of parental leave at full pay for primary carers and four weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events.
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.