DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you'll do
Are you a goal-driven, strategic thinker with a competitive streak? Then join us on the Competitive Strategy Team at DocuSign. In this role, you’ll be the EMEA lead for DocuSign’s Competitive Strategy function. You will have a core focus on our Sign business, which includes our flagship eSignature product. In this role, you will be co-located with the EMEA Marketing & Sales Team while reporting to a manager in DocuSign’s US headquarters in San Francisco, California.
As part of the global Competitive Strategy Team, you’ll use quantitative data and qualitative understanding of the EMEA market to build strategies, content and programs that increase our competitive win rates and accelerate deal cycles. By using data and intelligence, you’ll drive growth for the DocuSign EMEA business as you partner across a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders.
By building intelligence on the EMEA competitive market landscape, you’ll identify and create strategies for developing a durable competitive advantage for DocuSign. To ensure we’re winning in the near-term, you will enable sales with the latest competitive strategies and intelligence. You’ll work directly with our sales teams to help win competitive sales opportunities. To help DocuSign win in the medium and long-term, you will work with the marketing and product teams to build a shared understanding of the competitive dynamics in the EMEA market.
This role requires the ability to learn quickly, build strong partnerships across the business, and operate creatively. It is critical that this role is considered a trusted advisor across DocuSign’s EMEA sales, marketing and product teams.
This position is an Individual Contributor reporting to the Director, Competitive Strategy and is designated Remote.
- Build on DocuSign’s already strong competitive position to improve win rates, accelerate sales cycles, and help build competitive advantage through content, enablement and deal support
- Define, develop, and monitor DocuSign’s EMEA competitive landscape
- Develop a deep understanding of key EMEA competitors to understand their offerings, products, sales & marketing, and corporate strengths & weaknesses
- Conduct internal and external competitive research projects, including conducting internal sales interviews & surveys, analyzing publicly available information, and driving external research projects
- Identify short and long-term strategic threats and opportunities and present strategic recommendations to senior leadership
- Create and maintain competitive materials and infuse competitive differentiation into everything we do
- Provide rapid analysis and internal responses to competitive announcements—followed by more detailed assessments when appropriate
- Directly support sales opportunities by partnering with account executives, sales engineering, and sales leadership
- Develop tools to scale impact across all sales opportunities
- Directly engage with product management and product marketing to help drive strategic choices and develop key assets
- Develop winning programs, strategies, and sales tools that will scale as DocuSign grows and expands its portfolio.
What you bring
- Intellectual curiosity with a purpose is essential
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity
- Desire to win with a focus on measurable results
- Passion to deliver value to our customers and create a great, sustainable business
- Ability to lead projects from ideation to impact with attention to detail
- Experience working cross-functionally, knowing when to lead and when to support
- Ability to dig into and understand fundamental technical aspects of our and competitors’ products
- Experience creating and deploying strategies: developing frameworks, creating and analyzing data, breaking down complex problems, and creating cross-functional solutions
- Engaging with sales and senior executives, effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to executive teams and large audiences
- Experience collecting, analyze and derive insights from sales, pricing, product and market data
- Marketing or sales experience, including competitive analysis, messaging & positioning development, sales tool development, and sales training
- 8+ years professional experience in strategic, analytical, product and/or sales roles
- Technology experience, particularly software and SaaS
- Sales or sales engineering experience a plus
- Product management experience a plus
- Strategy consulting experience a plus
- Corporate or product strategy experience a plus
Life at DocuSign
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal.
We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.