About the job
This is a unique opportunity to join the Poly Category Management Team at HP! Our team’s mission is to optimize revenue and margins by developing and executing pricing strategies for HP products, ultimately creating a compelling business relationship with our partners as well as value to our end users.
If you have an investigative nature, are creative, deeply curious, love to learn, and can demonstrate business acumen, analytical and strong communication skills, this role may be for you.
Your day to day
Reporting to the Director of Global Pricing within Poly|HP’s Hybrid Work Solutions & Peripherals market, the Competitive Pricing Sr Analyst will develop and communicate insightful and actionable intelligence to support Poly|HP product and go to market pricing strategy.
The Sr Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the competitive landscape for key personal systems and endpoint products including: video, headsets, phones, software and services. This individual will build subject matter expertise on competitor pricing trends and communicate critical insights where and when they matter the most to drive business impact.
The Sr Analyst will utilize knowledge of competitive pricing resources to track and automate data collection in order to improve efficiency in delivering pricing intelligence and real-time insights. Strong communication skills and the ability to utilize both external and internal resources by building relationships with key internal functions are critical in this role.
- As the resident expert in Hybrid Work Solutions & Peripherals markets, provide competitive pricing insights and recommendations:
- Monitor, assess, and report on competitive pricing trends and forecasts by leveraging internal data and trusted secondary research
- Provide in-depth analysis of competitor pricing and collaborate within the Category Management and Global Pricing team to formulate recommendations and action plans
- Establish a cadence for presenting competitive pricing read-outs to various stakeholders including senior leadership, regular reports on competitive pricing trends.
- Take proactive approach to provide insights on pricing trends, price changes, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop potential scenarios and use cases
- Continuously improve and evolve competitive pricing intelligence data collection, content centralization and visualizations, and dissemination for the Poly Category Management team
- Perform other team duties as assigned or required
- 5+ years of related work experience in competitor research and pricing strategy, competitive inteliigence, consulting with strong data, analysis, and research skills
- Experience working with 3rd party applications to automate and expedite data collection into a consumable and insightful format
- Experience working with analytical and data visualization tools (eg. Power BI)
- Experience with Excel
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present ideas with clarity and to diverse audiences
- A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills, driven, and self-motivated
- Very well organized with the ability to take a business problem from definition through analysis and on to recommendations
- Team player with an ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization and a thirst for knowledge, able to transition from strategic thinking to detailed execution
- Ability to influence functional decisions through data and expertise
- Interest in technology and the future of hybrid working
- MBA a plus
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!