Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Digital Application and Innovation is a growth opportunity for Microsoft Azure, as well as its partners and customers. It includes a rich portfolio of Azure services, GitHub, and Visual Studio. We want to win developer trust, their workloads, and their tools – enabling us to win the applications and data onto Azure.
More than seventy-three million developers call GitHub their home, and 84% of Fortune 100 companies are using GitHub. “Being the #1 platform of choice for developers” helps us to win existing and new intelligent applications, growing consumed revenue and market share. We will leverage the broad reach of our data and AI services to differentiate.
The Digital Application & Innovation Commercial Solution Area (CSA) team plays a critical role in defining the Go-To-Market (GTM). We partner with corporate stakeholders to ensure that the field has all the tools necessary to be successful with the customers’ journey. This is the newest Commercial Solution Area and the GTM team is a crucial part of its growth.
As The Sales Strategy Enablement Lead, You Will Work Within Our Worldwide Digital Apps & Innovation CSA, Collaborating With Internal Organizations, To Achieve Three Things
- Develop and roll out technical skilling plans for our technical sellers.
- Create active communities to facilitate knowledge sharing and capture best practices.
- Deliver assets and tools (like product demonstrations, assessments) to support the sellers.
The Sales Strategy Enablement Leader will be responsible for the following:
Sales Strategy Project/Program Leadership
Develops, manages, and executes Sales Strategy project(s) as a project/program lead through defining plans, goals, deliverables, feedback, and timing expectations, providing structure and guidance for others. Proactively identifies and address roadblocks. Manages projects independently and/or in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
Cross Functional Joint Planning
Establishes and maintains key points of contact with internal teams (e.g., Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Field Sales). Manages and cultivates relationships with leaders of internal teams. Acts as subject matter expert with business leaders (e.g., Senior Directors, General Manager [GM] level) on a particular area of expertise, leveraging and broadening deep sales/product knowledge and market/solution area awareness for a domain to inform strategic sales planning decisions.
Sales Insights, Readiness, and Activation
Collaborates with business, platform, and tools experts to provide updates and report key metrics needed to assist sales and partner teams to drive the sales business forward. Addresses any tools, platform, or business escalations when needed. Oversees the tools catalogue and the Microsoft Data Dictionary. Collaborates with key stakeholders across Microsoft (e.g., Marketing & Operations [M&O], Go to Market [GTM], Worldwide Commercial Business [WCB]) to update the platforms and tools. Provides insights into the Sales market, acts as a business conduit to broader internal and external stakeholders and adjusts plans when required to exceed business outcomes. Provides support success measurements based on data from tools and platforms. Communicates with field sales on business updates and plans within multiple regions. Shares best practices with peers.
Contributes to landing strategies across various Microsoft sales and planning activities (e.g., Consulting Sales Strategy, Sales Model, Pre-Sales Model, Account and Territory Planning, etc.). Drives product consumptions within specific territories. Collaborates with Field and Corporate leaders to identify planning focus areas and cases for change. Integrates change management communicated by senior level stakeholders. Remains accountable for success of sales landing (i.e., delivering outcomes) to achieve business outcomes through leading, managing, and adjusting plans and plays. Ensures continuous improvement by providing feedback to product team.
Problem Solving and Insights
Synthesizes findings into insights across sales projects, including implications that inform sales go-to-market objectives. Leverages insights to develop recommendations and seeks to provide thought leadership (e.g., sales trend identification, implications of competitor moves, solution area gaps) around potential future growth opportunities and strategic issues for Microsoft sales processes. Assists with creating frameworks and methodologies to drive problem solving and insights. Manages listening capabilities. Works with support desks and other individuals who field problems to see what is and is not working and developing solutions. Ensures E2E mindset and works across groups to ensure that design doesn’t break. Ensures closed loop from design, landing, and listening capabilities to circle back and improve on program and design.
Sales Market Research and Analysis
Conducts market-based research by collecting and interpreting information (e.g., product reports, previous sales revenue, geographic sales data, stakeholder feedback, expert calls). Interprets information with guidance from senior colleagues as needed, including researching existing business and identifying new spaces for Microsoft sales strategies. Conducts analyses (e.g., financial modeling, product consumption forecasting) to validate proposed ideas and inform Field Sales and Partner sales strategies. Assists in creating initial framing established by project lead for strategic questions and applies structure to analysis.
- Embody our culture and values
- Required/Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Near Term Strategy (1-2 years out), Management Consulting, or Finance.
- 4+ years’ experience in Management Consulting, Sales, Sales Enablement.
- Experience in sales skills enablement and/or learning & development. Experience should include product demo development.
- Available for domestic and international travel (up to 25%).
- Execution driven. You respond to the signal thoughtfully, but with a bias for action. You have a history of delivering complex projects to successful outcomes.
- Able to communicate across multiple formats (verbal, written, and other forms of media).
- You empathize with the communities you serve (sellers, partners). You understand what drives and enables sellers, and you have the enablement that relates to their ground reality.
- You have experience with and a Point of view about field enablement plans. And you are familiar with the Digital Application Innovation context (developer tooling, DevOps, containers, API management).
- You are not afraid to act like an entrepreneur - take a risk, fail/succeed, and learn from that risk in the next opportunity. You possess the ability to overcome and work around problems to find the best solution for business.
- Collaboration is key! You are a proactive relationship builder, able to gain the trust and confidence of the stakeholders across the organization.
- You feel good about helping others to achieve their goals.
- Financially conscious. You can plan and manage the budgets required to meet the enablement needs of the business.
Sales Strategy Enablement IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $101,200 - $194,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $130,000 - $213,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.