The Sales Enablement Manager is responsible for developing skill training programs, knowledge tooling, and deploying change to increase the performance of Sales team members. This is a cross-functional role that requires best practice knowledge of high-growth AE/SDR functions, sales methodology, internal leadership influence, and learning measurables.
- Increased outbound activity and pipeline
- Increased stage conversion rates
- Decreased deal cycle length
- Decreased time-to-ramp for new hires
- Lagging indicator: bookings win rate
- Ensure Sales team value-selling skills enablement that drives to VOC
- Influence Sales leaders with data and collaborate to identify and prioritize Sales team skill and process areas
- Calendar, develop, partner, and co-deliver curriculum across the SDR and AE spectrum
- Consistently get AE and SDR manager buy-in, accountability (and enablement where needed) before IC enablement
- Lead how to roll out a sales methodology across Sales org and execute on that plan
- Use a “learn-practice-apply” method on content that requires behavioral change
- Influence, collaborate, prioritize, and align stakeholders on a unified enablement plan
- Collaborate within the Enablement Team and other SMEs to reuse existing skills enablement programs to help bring the AE, SDR, and CX organizations in sync
- Audit and optimize onboarding flows and content strategy for new SDR and AE hires in collaboration with CX Enablement Manager
- Create a healthy collaborative pod with RevOps, Sales, and Product Marketing partners
- Validate, schedule, and help communicate announcements on key new or changed processes to Sales team
- Use business process to filter inbound internal “asks” to Enablement Team for impact, scope, and priority with tradeoff considerations
- Master internal knowledge tools and leading Sales analytics
- Be a Gong master and regularly use it as a behavior change accountability tool
- Define and report on pre and post training activities, including homework, test-outs, certification, and/or coaching efforts in support of Sales team development
- Use our LMS as appropriate for on-demand knowledge checks
- Identify system gaps and work with RevOps to choose and roll out effective improvements
- Update leading indicators to outcomes on our Enablement Dashboard in Salesforce
- Sales function mastery
- Influence and leadership
- Change facilitation
- Project management
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND ATTITUDES
- 4+ years of experience with high attainment in a Sales role (preferably as an AE and/or SDR)
- Experience deploying value-based sales methodology at scale (preferably 40-100 reps)
- Natural ability to read and up-level people from micro (i.e. coaching one call) to macro (i.e. leading training and role play for 50 reps)
- Superior influence and collaboration skills at any org level but especially with Sales, RevOps, and Marketing functions
- Ability to see, explain, and convince the “why” of a new skill or change before the “how”
- Analytical mindset and drive to use data to inform business outcomes
- Self-starter with mindset of progress over perfection
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with Gong and Salesforce (Lessonly, Guru, or similar tools is a bonus)
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Prep new skills content deck, practice activity, and measurable. Team meeting.
- Tuesday: Facilitate training with Commercial AEs + SDRs. 1on1 with your manager.
- Wednesday: Check Salesforce dashboard, run conversation intel reports in Gong, update sales methodology project plan. Hold an optional office hours on outbound email writing.
- Thursday: Meet with influencers in 3 departments to debate needs, align, and adjust plans.
- Friday: Update 5 information cards in Guru and make internal announcements. Create a lesson on Commercials in Lessonly, gain buy-in from sales managers, assign to 40 AEs.
15Five’s strategic performance management platform drives action and impact, helping businesses and their people thrive. Combining generative AI, custom analytics and human-centered principles, HR leaders can accelerate engagement, performance and retention via 360° performance reviews, engagement surveys, goal tracking, manager development, and ongoing feedback tools like guided 1-on-1s and check-ins.
At 15Five, we focus on building a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. We are proud of our thriving remote-first culture balanced with annual opportunities for all employees to connect in person. We also offer:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Time Off (minimum 3 weeks off every year)
- Employer paid Short-Term, Long-Term Disability, and Term Life
- 401K with 4% match at 6 months of employment
- Inclusive Benefits Stipend (to help cover some of the gap on medical needs not covered by traditional benefits)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave for birth and non-birth parents
- 12 paid holidays in 2024
- TalkSpace (mental health therapy)
- Wellness Coach App (offers meditation and movement classes, courses, workshops, and panels in a live and interactive setting)
- Best Self Time (2 hours of time during the week dedicated to your personal self-care/self-growth/recharge activities)
- Monthly reimbursement for internet
- Sabbatical Program accessed at 5 or 7 Years
- We also provide extensive training and development such as strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities
For More Information See:
Our Mission, Vision, & Values - https://www.15five.com/about
Our People and Culture - https://www.15five.com/about/careers
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging - https://www.15five.com/deib
Our Personal & Professional Development Resources - https://www.15five.com/resources/content-library
Reading over the role description and feeling like you don’t check every box? That’s okay; if you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the criteria, please apply—you could be exactly who we are looking for!
15Five follows equitable hiring practices. Our compensation programs are designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented employees who are highly engaged, high performing, and have an exceptional impact on the business and our customers.
The base salary range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the role across all US locations. We benchmark all roles for compensation in ranges relative to the top half of the market of similar tech companies using up-to-date market data. Within the range, individual pay is determined by budget allocated for the role and additional factors, including job-related competencies and skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US job postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. The US new hire base salary range for this full-time role is $110,000-$135,000 + bonus or commissions + equity + benefits.
Note that base salary ranges are reviewed each year based on up-to-date market data, and team members who are performing are eligible for a merit increase, budget permitting.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.