Product Marketing Specialist - Core
The goal of the Product Marketing Specialist - Core is to oversee the marketing of ConMet core products, including wheel ends, plastics, and castings. As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will report to the Product Marketing Manager and work with a cross-functional team to help drive our product marketing plans. This includes establishing customer journey maps, product positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, and enabling the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure they are aligned and work efficiently to generate and close business opportunities. You’ll work on a variety of projects ranging from conducting consumer research to developing marketing landing pages and flyers. You should be an innately curious person who’s flexible and thrives in fast-paced working environments.
This role requires working in an office environment (not hybrid or remote) at ConMet's corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington. Non-local candidates must be open to relocation (relocation assistance available).Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate in the launch of new services and products which involve several different departments as well as external commercialization partnerships and co-marketing.
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Build on product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point
- Develop content such as customer testimonials, videos, website copy, blog posts, social media, collateral material, packaging, instructions, training.
- Brief the press and PR teams about new products.
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences.
- Track, manage, and keep within a budget.
- Travel +/- 10% to support tradeshows and customer engagement events.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preference would be for degrees in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Writing, Public Relations, or a closely related discipline).
- Two plus years of marketing experience required.
- Proficiency in Office products and Adobe Suite required.
- Corporate marketing experience in either consumer and/or industrial products (with skills in corporate marketing functions such as external/internal communications, marketing materials, social media, etc.) highly preferred.
- Experience in heavy duty transportation and fleet, service channels preferred.
- Great communication skills and comfortable working in a cross-functional environment.
ConMet, a division of Amsted Industries, is a leading global supplier of wheel hubs, aluminum castings, and structural plastics to original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket channels in the commercial vehicle industry. Founded in 1964, ConMet innovation has been critical in designing, engineering, and manufacturing revolutionary technologies for trucks and trailers. Today, ConMet products are standard equipment on most heavy-duty vehicles in North America and have a growing footprint worldwide.
ConMet is committed to creating products and services that align with critical customer needs. The development of more efficient products, processes, and technology that transform the way customers run and maintain their vehicles is central to ConMet’s vision.Diversity & Inclusion Pledge
At ConMet, differences are not ignored, but celebrated. Our goal is to encourage a deeper knowing of our people, pulling out knowledge and experiences to ignite creativity. We are committed to achieving workplace equity by intentionally creating a work environment where all people are respected, accepted, and have a sense of belonging.
Because people are what drive our success, ConMet’s Diversity and Inclusion program empowers all employees to embrace their individuality and share their abilities to further our innovations, thus improving the lives of our employees and customers, and strengthening our position as a leader in our market.Salaried Exempt Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range
- New hires generally start between $72,937 - $91,171. Placement based on qualifications and professional experience.
- Entire salary range ($72,937 - $ 109,405). Placement based on factors including qualifications, professional experience, and location.
- Targeted annual bonus based on company performance metrics as defined by Amsted Business Unit Incentive Plan is determined by position and experience levels.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection.
- Vacation plan – ConMet offers exempt employees a paid vacation benefit that provides the flexibility to take time off from work based on factors including good discretion, sound performance, and consideration of overall team and business needs.
- Paid sick leave up to 10 days (80 hours) per calendar year
- ConMet’s retirement package:
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
- 401k match.
- Ten paid holidays per year.
- Wellness reimbursement.
ConMet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Ensuring fair wages is an important Company value. Accordingly, the Company will not pay wages to any employee at a rate less than the Company pays to other employees for work that is substantially equivalent and requires comparable skills unless a bona fide factor justifies a pay differential. The Company prohibits pay disparity based on Protected Characteristics or prior salary history. The Company prohibits retaliation against employees for discussing compensation.