Product Marketing Manager, Trust and Security
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager focused on trust and security to join our Trust PMM team. Earning and strengthening user trust through security, privacy, and responsible AI is a company-wide priority, and this person will play a critical role in owning, defining and executing Grammarly’s trust product marketing vision and go-to-market strategies. This Product Marketing Manager will work with passionate team members across the entire business, including Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Communications.
As a Product Marketing Manager, Trust and Security, you will play a critical role in developing positioning and messaging for Grammarly’s portfolio. This messaging will earn and strengthen user trust, and you will create it based on your knowledge of our customers’ security needs across Grammarly’s offerings (consumer, business, developer, EDU).
In This Role, You Will
- Influence trust and security product and business priorities through knowledge of the market and the relevant product offerings.
- Craft compelling positioning and messaging that differentiates Grammarly’s offerings with respect to security, based on key customer insights.
- Develop go-to-market strategies and feature-launch strategies, with a focus on security and IT audiences, to build trust with users across all of Grammarly’s offerings (consumer, business, developer, and EDU).
- Partner with and enable our Sales, Sales Engineering and Customer Success teams.
- Develop insight about our target customers and partners, their challenges, and evolving expectations—and apply this knowledge to influence strategy and content creation.
- Influence thought leadership and content strategy in partnership with Grammarly trust and security stakeholders.
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Moves fast and is impact-driven – values impact over activity.
- Obsessed about creating customer value and champions customers internally.
- Embraces healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Understands key security/IT decision-makers in businesses, has previous experience with marketing security and/or tangential trust areas, and has a general understanding of trust and/or security features and compliance programs from prior experiences.
- Collects and synthesizes different sources of data to develop business cases and/or analyses that drive solid decision-making.
- Has experience crafting compelling narratives around a business problem and explaining complex, technical features in words that anyone can understand.
- Has a passion for building confidence and trust with our customers and the market.
- Has a proven track record in influencing a product roadmap through market and customer research, taking to market, and driving the adoption of SaaS products in medium and enterprise-sized business customers.
- Has a history of successful partnerships with sales.
- Can successfully mobilize, empower, and direct multiple stakeholders, details, and timelines toward a specific goal, while motivating themselves and others to action in an ambiguous environment.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation And Benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $138,000 – $218,000/year (USD)
Zone 2: $124,000 – $197,000/year (USD)
Zone 3: $117,000 – $186,000/year (USD)
Zone 4: $110,000 – $175,000/year (USD)
Zone 1: $105,000 – $174,000/year (CAD)
Zone 2: $105,000 – $174,000/year (CAD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.