The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Are you looking for the chance to be a core member of the product marketing team within the most exciting AI category and in the fastest growing data platform company on the planet? Then look no further.
Generative AI will have a transformative impact across all industries. S&P Global Market Intelligence estimates that the global generative AI market is set to grow at a CAGR of 58% to $36B by 2028. As a leading provider of operational and vector database capabilities required to bring up-to-date context to foundation models and LLMs, MongoDB is well positioned to capitalize on this growth. MongoDB Atlas, our developer data platform, enables customers to deliver rapid innovation by enabling them to build applications faster, scale them fearlessly, and reduce complexity.
We are looking for a stellar product marketer who can drive the go-to-market strategy and cross-company core messaging for genAI workloads across the MongoDB database, cloud, and tools focusing on developer experience.
You’ll be a key member of an energetic and globally distributed team. In the role, you will be responsible for creating compelling thought leadership themes, messages and GTM programs that position the value of MongoDB for genAI workloads to a diverse audience – from developers, architects and ML teams, through to senior technical and business decision makers.
You’ll work closely with Product Management to help shape product vision and growth strategy. You will also be working very closely with other cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, partner strategy, and more. Your content will be expressed through stories that engage our audiences including the developer community, AI technology partners, press, analysts, and senior decision makers.
Position Expectations/Role Responsibilities/What You’ll Do...
- Tell Compelling Stories – Develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates product capabilities into unique and meaningful business benefits, and value that resonates with developers in every stage of their MongoDB journey. Exhibiting thought leadership and storytelling in collaboration with strategic partners will be a key part of the role
- Research and Develop – Synthesize market trends, customer requirements, and competitive offerings to identify key messages and points of MongoDB differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning
- Plan and Execute – Collaborate with our Marketing, Developer Relations, Product Management, Technology Partner and Sales Enablement teams to create the strategic and tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of the MongoDB developer data platform for genAI workloads to multiple audiences and establishes MongoDB as thought leaders in the AI space. Create a strong partner strategy to scale adoption and support product launches.
- Evangelize – Drive awareness and adoption of the MongoDB developer data platform for genAI workloads and use cases by partnering with our Growth Marketing and Product-Led Growth teams, presenting field webinars, and integrated campaigns with technology partners within the broader AI ecosystem
- Define – Share market and user analysis with our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to help define any future initiatives for MongoDB for genAI workloads
- Measure – Evaluate the ROI of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
Qualifications/Requirements/We’re Looking For Someone With…
- 4+ years of experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the data management, analytics or AI space, ideally in a product or solutions marketing role, though other roles and relevant experience will be considered
- You need to blend strong business and technical skills, presented as thought leadership. You need a solid knowledge of data management and/or AI fundamentals and how it is relevant in a rapidly evolving market landscape, especially in digital transformation, cloud computing, and developer practices
- You need the ability to modulate content to speak to different internal and external audiences
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and with stories that our audiences can relate to, producing stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A low ego-to-talent ratio and collaborative spirit
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Location - New York, NY preferred (although remote North American applicants will also be considered)
Bonus points if:
- You have a degree in a STEM field
- You have in-depth knowledge of generative AI trends or have prior experience with AI
- Love programming and technology, and have taken coding classes for fun or love tinkering with ChatGPT to build your own chatbot.
- You’re passionate about cloud computing and new technologies
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role in the U.S. is: