About the Team:
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to drive Netlify’s product story and help developers and businesses understand the value of Netlify products. You’ll do this by delivering the right content at each stage of the customer’s adoption journey, by equipping sales with the right stories and talking points, and by evolving the product brand through launches.
Product marketing is a highly strategic function at Netlify, where you’ll collaborate on go-to-market across Product, Sales, and Marketing. You’ll track success against shared goals, report on progress and learnings along the way, and constantly look for creative ways to improve. You thrive in a small, nimble environment and have a quick start mentality — able to get to MVP fast and adapt to changes with ease.
You’re a Product Marketer who has a passion for understanding how and why customers use a product. As a natural storyteller, you can easily translate that knowledge into compelling positioning and content. You’re comfortable designing big bold product launches and then leading the entire company to execute against a plan. As a skilled writer, you’re obsessed with creating content that breaks through the noise and simplifies technical complexity.
What You’ll Do:
Here are some of the things you'll get to work on and learn about as part of this job:
- Product positioning - Spend time with customers so that you can craft the best positioning for Netlify’s products. Know their business, jobs to be done, software development stack, and workflows. Empathize with the problems they experience and what motivates them. Then teach this to the rest of Netlify and use it to inform your positioning.
- Content strategy and creation - Learn how Netlify customers adopt the platform, identify where content is needed to help them move faster, and then produce that content. Work with the rest of the sales and marketing teams to maximize distribution of this content through appropriate channels and measure results.
- Product launches - Launch products and features to market. Work with product, sales, and marketing to develop a strategy, align the company on a plan, and then take the reins and manage the entire effort.
- Sales enablement - Work with sales managers to develop and execute an enablement plan. Then build the pitch decks, product training, and customer-facing content that sales needs to educate our customers.
What You'll Bring:
- You have a 3-5 years of product marketing experience under your belt
- You have a background in development— maybe it was a 15-week software engineering bootcamp, or you picked up coding for fun on weekends, or you have a CS degree.
- You enjoy writing and can point to some work you’re proud of.
- You're a natural storyteller and an excellent communicator who easily explains complex technical concepts with examples, analogies, and stories.
- You're a detail-oriented project manager that not only builds the strategy for projects such as product launches and content initiatives, but also works across the organization to get it done.
We aren’t stuck on hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product marketer.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When Applying Please Include:
A resume or short listing of your job history & skills (link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We appreciate a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role at Netlify to get to know you a bit better, though this is not required and will not impact your application. Our mission is to “build a better web” and that cannot be done without a diversity of skill sets, backgrounds and thoughts.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team. Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Netlify, we’re on a mission to build a better web by making it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications. We are a Series D company with a $2B valuation and have raised over $200M from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT, Bessemer, BOND and Menlo Ventures. As a globally distributed organization, we aim to create a company culture where the best idea can come from anywhere and strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our About page.
At Netlify, we are committed to equal pay for equal work. Our base compensation for this role is targeted at $92,500 - $144,500 for US-based locations. Netlify anchors our compensation philosophy on a market-based approach, therefore salary ranges may differ depending on the cost of labor in a particular location. For example, the top of the range reflects the highest paying market in the US and above range for many US cities. In addition to robust benefits, participation in Netlify’s equity plan, and incentive pay/commission for eligible roles. The starting pay will be determined based on multiple factors, including expertise and skills, market demands, experience, internal equity, and applicable geographic location. These compensation packages and ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your Talent Acquisition partner will be available to answer any questions about this policy and/or the compensation range of your specific location during the hiring process.