About Census 🔁
Census is the first Data Activation platform built on your warehouse. Sync 360° customer data to 150+ business tools today with Reverse ETL. Empower marketing teams to build dynamic audiences with a no-code segment builder.
Census is how data teams at companies like Canva, Figma, Rippling, Carta, and Notion build better business operations.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco that loves taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we invented integrations that work directly from cloud data warehouses.
About Census 🔃
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing & sales teams use daily. With live data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
We're a tight-knit team of engineers based in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team to help us create market awareness about the Reverse ETL, Operational Analytics and position us as the #1 solution in that space. This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of Census and working with the best B2B SaaS companies.
Your Responsibilities 🗓
- You’ll develop an understanding of our customers, products, competitors, positioning, and pricing
- You’ll define ideal customer profiles, buyer personas, and target segments, in an effort to better understand the motivations and profiles of our targets
- You’ll leverage customer insights to develop messaging and creative assets that educate and convert. You’ll become a helpful storyteller to our audiences, guiding them to understand product benefits and emotionally inspiring them
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of the customer jobs-to-be-done, industry, and competitors to create differentiating positioning and narratives
- You’ll collaborate with others in marketing, sales, and success to create campaigns that convert targets into qualified opportunities
- You’ll lead the successful launch promotion of new features and/or products
Is this you? ⚡️
Here's What Our Dream Candidate Looks Like
- Technical Product expertise - You have worked with a data product or even better, been a product manager on a technical or data product.
- You Have Seen Success - Ideally, you have 5+ years of experience in the product Marketing or Marketing field and have experience working in a fast-growing startup.
- Crafty Story Teller - you have experience creating a narrative to position solution on the market or create a brand new product category
- Curiosity – Interest in learning and exploring, experimenting, and teaching others
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – Genuine desire to see other people succeed and help them get there
- Self-motivation – Desire to work in a startup environment without the structure of big companies
- Based in the Bay Area or Remote or willing to relocate (when things like offices and travel are allowed again)
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible hours
- Generous vacation policy
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What are you waiting for? Apply ⬇Our benefits 🏆
- Meaningful equity (we mean it!). We’re going to ask you to work hard and build an amazing company, so we are going to pay you well while we build, and set our sights on your equity having real value.
- We want you to take care of yourself so your medical, dental, and vision plans are heavily subsidized. 99% employer-paid medical coverage for you AND your dependents 🤯 The only plan we offer is a Platinum PPO.
- 401k with 4% match for Canadian and US employees — investing in your future can be expensive so we want to help.
- Flexible work schedule & unlimited PTO. Two weeks per year — minimum. Yes, minimum. We don’t want you to get burnt out, so take the time you need to recharge.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave. Growing family? Amazing! Congratulations. You and our founders have something in common. Take the time you need and don’t feel guilty doing it.
- All the tools you need to do your best work. We provide the laptop and you get a one-time stipend to purchase the peripherals you need.
- Modern Health - Mental wellness, therapy, and professional & personal coaching sessions.
We believe the best companies bring together diversity in race, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, gender identity, ethnicity, perspectives, and ideas. People do their best work when they feel like they are included, valued, and equal — when they feel like they belong. The Census we are building is a place where everyone brings their full selves to work knowing that they’ll be heard, championed, and supported to succeed.
Join the Census flock.
What are you waiting for? Apply ⬇️