"The Marketing team is poised for unprecedented growth and opportunity. We're in a very unique position where we've experienced tremendous success but are far from exhausting the whitespace around us. There is a unique opportunity to join a rising organization and make a significant and immediate impact." - Mark Lynch
The Product Marketing role is responsible for developing positioning and key messaging for Absorb Software products and services that are empowering, progressive, and personable. Product Marketing serves as a partner to promote and progress Absorb products. By empowering sales, educating customers, supporting partnerships, and developing and synthesizing strategic messaging into compelling enablement materials, you will help drive our customer life cycle growth from acquisition, engagement, and adoption.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will partner with product management colleagues to take market insights and thoughts from the competitive field to shape our product marketing strategy. Additionally, you will usher new products to the market, developing value positioning, messaging frameworks, sales enablement resources, and training programs. You will work cross-functionally with an array of subject matter experts and stakeholders across the organization to build awareness and adoption of our products.
The ideal candidate has familiarity with marketing, software verticals, and experience in product marketing, sales enablement creation, or product strategy development.
Ready to join the marketing team at an award winning company? Check out the video below to learn more about why our employees have chosen, and choose to stay at Absorb!
- Work to understand the LMS (Learning Management System) marketplace, who our buyers are, our customer’s needs, and how we compare to the field.
- Conduct competitive, market, and buyer research to certify positioning and develop collateral that reflects our strengths.
- Develop product messaging that is clear, concise, and resonates with prospects and customers.
- Build analyst relationship programs to help position Absorb as a leader in the Learning and Development software industry and to help foster brand awareness in new markets.
- Position messaging into compelling collateral for new and existing Absorb sales enablement resources: including slide decks, overviews, buyer guides, videos, internal reference guides, training materials, competitor comparisons, etc.
- Define and communicate value propositions that express the value of Absorb to our unique market segments.
- Partner with marketing and sales operations teammates to design, launch and measure product-focused marketing campaigns.
- Establish a strong relationship with a Product team to drive go-to-market activity for new product and feature releases.
- Unite with the Marketing team to find creative ways to make an impact with product launches and updates.
- Partner with the Customer Success team to increase customer product adoption
- Maintain competitive and industry intelligence, staying on top of the latest happenings and trends in the learning and development space.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field
- 4+ years of marketing experience.
- Hands-on execution of product marketing development
- Management of projects that span multiple departments
- Solid analytical and research skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently to deliver results
- Effective communication and presentation skills – you are poised, articulate, and convincing
Technologies we use:
- Absorb LMS, C#, Salesforce, MS Suite, Zoom, Jira, SharePoint
Absorb Software is a learning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta Canada, with offices in London, Dublin, Tampa, Boston and Sydney.
Absorb offers both Absorb Infuse, the first Learning Experience Platform (LXP) to offer a true in-the-flow learning experience, and our flagship product, Absorb LMS, an industry-leading and award-winning Learning Management System for businesses, higher education, government and non-profit agencies around the world. Absorb is setting new standards in learning technology and support, fueling companies who believe that people are their greatest asset.
We exceed expectations across enterprises, industries and continents, helping people learn at the speed of now and preparing companies for the future of work. How do we do it better? We pay attention to the details and go deep where it matters. Turning a culture of learning into a revenue engine for global titans the world over.
Care to join us?
- Why work at Absorb Software?This position is eligible for participation in Absorb’s Bonus program as outlined in Absorb’s Bonus Program Policy.
- RRSP match program.
- Employer paid benefits: health, dental and vision.
- Professional development plans.
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities.
- Inclusive work environment.
- Casual dress code.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Company/team building events.
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace.
- Flexible remote working options for selected roles:
- This role allows employees to have a hybrid remote working option (work from home and work from office options for Calgary based employees).
- This role can be fully remote.
Additional requirements/information for candidates:
- In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application.
- This position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check.
- The successful candidate must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the Canada without sponsorship..
- Incomplete online applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Absorb Software (Absorb) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. Absorb is committed to providing employees with an environment free of discrimination, bullying and harassment. All employment decisions at Absorb are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will maintain our commitment to and support of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics or disability. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity extends to any other protected classes which may exist under applicable law.
We acknowledge and are mindful that our Calgary, Alberta operations are located on traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika Kainai), the TsuuT’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Metis Nation (Region 3) and many diverse Inuit, Métis, and First Nations peoples who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. We recognize their distinctive spiritual relations with the land that supports our home and our business. We are humbled that our office is built upon the generous land that sustained indigenous people for centuries.