Product Marketing Manager
A Bit About Us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
About This Role
We’re looking for a dynamic, ambitious and curious Product Marketing Manager to support the Director of Product Marketing in establishing the Product Marketing function at Genius Sports. We’re looking for a candidate who brings expertise, energy, and passion for communicating beyond the "how" of a product or service, but also the "why". A storyteller with B2B experience, will thrive in this role.
Genius is swiftly moving from a technology and services company to a product-led organization with aspirations to scale our product portfolio and run like a well-oiled machine.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be focused on championing Genius Sports and amplifying our product story to reach leagues, teams, gaming companies and brands on a global scale. This is a high-profile role with executive support and the opportunity to have significant impact on our organization. We're actively working to integrate some recent acquisitions (more cool products and technology!) so this is the perfect time to join the team and make a real difference in the future of Genius Sports.
- Positioning: Define our positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market to support marketing campaigns.
- Sales Enablement: Communicate the value proposition of the products to the commercial team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products
- Go-To-Market (GTM): Work with the Director of Product Marketing, product and marketing teams on the launches of new products and releases. This includes defining the value proposition, messaging and orchestrating the creation of new collateral and assets. Furthermore, manage the cross-functional implementation and reporting against defined KPIs.
- Product Launch Tracking: Work closely with our product team to capture and report on product releases and communicate to commercial and operational stakeholders.
- Content: Produce messaging for the marketing and content teams to help to craft content to drive engagement with our services and to raise our market profile and credibility.
- Inbound Feedback: Work closely with key stakeholders such as commercial, product and operations to establish and implement regular customer and sales feedback that will feed into our marketing messaging and product feedback.
- Audience and Market Understanding: Act as the user insights and market expert in the marketing team through regular insights and competitive analyses; build an intuition for user needs and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape
- Product Development: Deliver critical inbound feedback to inform our product development process, including proactive work to develop Genius Sports’ value proposition for new products and a POV on features needed to successfully land products in market. Conduct foundational inbound early in the product development process to inform target audiences, positioning, naming and other downstream strategic GTM decisions.
- Product Expertise and Influence: Foster a deep understanding of our products, how they work, how they compare to competitors and the areas of opportunity – product teams should not feel comfortable moving ahead with building a product or feature without your input and alignment.
- Naming & Positioning: Proactively develop naming and positioning based on research, drive alignment processes and ensure that marketing campaigns are aligned with positioning.
- Case Studies and Efficacy: Work closely with commercial and marketing teams to build-up our case study and evidence repository.
- 3-5 years in B2B Product Marketing or marketing role, preferably in a fast-moving technology, adtech, martech, SaaS or sports business environment
- Ability to distil complex information into simple, digestible, and impactful messaging
- Demonstrable marketing results in your current and previous roles and proven ability to develop powerful collateral
- Skilled communicator, both verbally and written, who is comfortable with public speaking and can engage with clients and colleagues with confidence, acting as the product evangelist. The successful candidate will also have had the ability to create compelling and professional sales enablement materials and craft compelling marketing messages
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Commercial in outlook, understanding the importance of product drive activities and how to make them successful
- Experience bringing new SaaS applications/ ad tech or sports products and services to market
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/digital marketing or other business-related
This role is a Hybrid opportunity that requires 2 days a week (with some flexibility) in our London office (Soho Square).
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How We Work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.