Product Marketing is involved in all aspects of CommerceIQ's go-to-market execution including pricing, packaging, and sales enablement. We need to be the bridge between product and sales, ensuring the customer's voice is heard throughout. The team is expanding and needs a Product Marketing Director to help transform ecommerce. This role will partner cross-functionally and within the marketing organization (including Customer Marketing, Demand Generation, and PR/AR) to achieve function and company objectives.
An ideal Product Marketing Director will have an innate understanding of a brand's ecommerce operations - preferably through practitioner experience - that allows them to easily convey CommerceIQ's value proposition. Strong written and verbal communication is also crucial. The Product Marketing Director will be responsible for creating messaging framework for new CommerceIQ products, and translate this into customer-facing presentations. The ideal candidate will have strong project management acumen and a relentless bias for action. This individual will need to drive a myriad of activity - often at a very tactical level - while simultaneously building processes to scale these activities. "Create Once, Deploy Everywhere" is a mantra they will follow.
Prior team leadership experience is a plus but not requirement. This role will initially be an individual contributor, but will scale in scope as the total Product Marketing organization evolves.
- What You'll Do:Lead and evolve the product launch process. Develop internal and external communication, pricing/packaging, and enablement for the sales organization. Partner with Demand Generation to make tentpole events out of major launches.
- Be the voice of the customer. Create a feedback loop between sales and product, ensuring CommerceIQ's roadmap adequately captures customer needs. Ensure CommerceIQ establishes product/market fit across multiple industry verticals (CPG, hardlines, etc) through a combination of functionality and positioning.
- Drive enablement and continuous improvement of the sales organization:
- Educate new Account Executives on the CommerceIQ platform, the problems it solves, and proper discovery tactics.
- Lead creation and management of sales collateral. Arm the sales team with case studies, competitor insights, and new product use cases.
- Partner with Sales VPs to monitor performance of Account Executives and improve existing go-to-market strategies.
- Foster retailer relationships. In partnership with the head of product marketing, ensure retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Instacart, etc are a source of new customers for CommerceIQ.
- Educate customers. In partnership with the VP of Customer Marketing, host events with existing customers to train them on CommerceIQ's full potential functionality.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of progressive marketing management, marketing agency, or sales positions managing a retail ecommerce business (Amazon, Walmart, etc) or in the SaaS industry in a similar vertical.
- Start-up mindset and drive. An autonomous problem solver - you relentlessly deliver your workload while identifying opportunities for improvement and formulating solutions.
- Exceptional skills generating actionable insights from raw data, with a high degree of comfort using Excel.
- Cross-functional leadership skills required to deliver and exceed organizational sales targets.
- High level of curiosity, high energy, self-motivated; a proven track record of successful career growth.
- A story teller at heart, you are a proficient presenter that can take complex topics and articulate them in a clear, concise manner.
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly competitive pay, benefits, and early stage stock options
- Unlimited PTO and seven paid company holidays
- Work from home benefits including flex WFH hours and home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone, internet, and gym/fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401K plan, FSA, and HSA programs
- Long-term and short-term disability