The Senior Product Marketing Director will define and enable Unanet’s Go-To-Market Strategy for our ERP solution for Government Contractors (GovCon) and work with our Director of CRM on aligning our CRM story, message and integration between ERP and CRM for GovCon. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop marketing-problem-oriented messaging, positioning and to be the public voice of our ERP solution to internal and external audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Be the clear and enthusiastic voice of the customer and market for the GovCon market
- Lead and excite cross functional groups, in particular sales, about the market opportunity and how we uniquely solve it
- Create a solution-based story that you use to enable sales, the company, and the market
- Understand and continuously develop understanding of Unanet’s portfolio of products; translate technical features into messages that resonate with the broader market
- Present at company and industry events as a thought leader and a product expert
- Create and execute Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy and plans
- Define buyer personas, needs and map to the buyer journey
- Develop differentiated, value-based messaging in the language of the buyer for a variety of communication channels
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the planning and execution of successful product launches
- Assist in the development and delivery of sales enablement materials, including but not limited to presentations, playbooks, and scripts
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop competitive intelligence tools to support sales and marketing programs
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to influence the product roadmap, understand product updates, do competitive analysis, and enable sales
- Create a content strategy and work with the extended marketing team on executing key thought leadership and content for example, eBooks, webinars, and presentations at events
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of product marketing activities through the measurement of key metrics
- Collaborate with other product marketing managers on the team to create vertical based stories to bring to market
- Hone product marketing skills to be an example of industry excellence
First 90 days
In your first 30 days, you will become familiar with our customers, products, the industries we serve, and our approach to marketing, sales, and customer success. You will immerse yourself in product education, working closely with colleagues to learn about our people and the processes that make Unanet run.
In your first 60 days, you will establish relationships, trust and rapport with the product marketing team, product management and sales, as well as others across our company. You will manage the launches with product management and prepare enablement sessions for company readiness.
In your first 90 days, you have a strong understanding of our market and product offerings. You are able to speak and write credibly about our solutions with customers and prospects. You will have established yourself as the go-to person, leader and problem solver on all things GovCon ERP product marketing.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in B2B software
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing principals
- Proficiency with business productivity applications, preferably in the GovCon industry
- Demonstrable analytical experience used to markedly improve customer development, product adoption, and sales process via relevant metrics (e.g., Content Effectiveness, Win Rate, Market Penetration)
- Experience performing research and building competitive analyses, as well as presenting to a diverse Sales organization
- Clear and succinct written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to customer and/or partner sites, conferences, or other field events, as well as quarterly working sessions
- Experience in a high-growth B2B software environment
- Experience in the Government Contracting industries
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.