Market Intelligence Manager
Job Description Summary The Market Intelligence Manager will support identifying, analyzing and communicating key economic and aviation industry insights to inform leadership of market recovery and growth projections. Job Description
Within a dynamic Aviation market that’s been pummeled by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adding this role to the Market Intelligence team to support identifying, analyzing and communicating key economic and aviation industry insights to inform leadership of market recovery and growth projections. The Market Intelligence Manager will develop and update market demand forecasts, working closely with business partners to translate market dynamics into business impacts. Working with the global Market Intelligence team, this role will help develop standard work around market intelligence communications at all levels of the organization. Additionally, this role will be the marketing focal for aircraft and engine lessors, a key customer segment for GE Aerospace.
- Analyze, research and communicate key global and industry metrics and insight
- Translate complex market dynamics into relevant insight for Aviation leadership
- Read and understand economic publications and summarize for the business
- Partner with technical teams to create tools and data strategy
- Synthesize and organize publications for the purpose of knowledge sharing and to convey information about new approaches and best practices.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers, Regional Marketing Managers, IR and FP&A to provide relevant and timely market intelligence
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, Finance, Marketing/Business analytics or Data Science.
- Minimum of 2 additional years of experience in Engineering, Finance, Marketing or Data Science.
- Strong technical data analytics
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources to support a thesis
- Ability to develop presentations and pitch at the senior executive level
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong Lean Problem-Solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- SQL and Excel skills
The [salary/hourly pay] range for this position is $82,500 - $110,000 - $137,500. The specific [salary/hourly rate] offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. [If applicable] In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus/variable incentive plan.
- GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more. Additional Information
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- This is a remote position