Optimizely is focused on unlocking the boundless potential of our clients and employees. We are a category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and have the pleasure of serving over 9,000 brands, from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, and Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian DocuSign, FitBit, and Zillow.
Optimizely fosters an inclusive and diverse culture with a global team of 1500+ people spread
across the US, Europe, Dubai, Australia, Singapore, Bangladesh, and Vietnam. Our unique work environment focuses on flexibility, trust, teamwork, diversity, and moving fast.
We genuinely believe that our people make all the difference, and once we find the best talent, we go out of our way to nurture them. If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced and growing environment with industry leaders, Optimizely is the place for you!
The Manager of Sales Development will lead a team of 8-10 Sales Development Representatives. SDR teams at Optimizely generate outbound opportunities and qualify inbound leads for both our Digital and Enterprise sales teams. The ideal candidate, will not only be an outstanding coach of SDRs but will also understand how to implement and ensure the execution of repeatable processes that allow the team and total pipeline numbers to scale rapidly. Strong, hands-on utilization skills of Salesforce, Outreach and analytics is a must.
- Manage and develop Optimizely’s existing team of SDRs
- Drive outstanding pipeline generation results across all regions and segments
- Continue to grow the SDR team by driving the hiring process, in partnership with People Operations
- Drive business planning, goal attainment, measurement/improvement and compensation design to maximize team results
- Own and develop Optimizely’s pipeline capacity model and forecast, working in partnership with customer operations, marketing and sales leadership
- Work with Sales and Marketing to systematically improve the lead qualification processes and pipeline conversion rates to maximize team efficiency, effectiveness, and lead quality
- Conduct weekly and monthly forecasts around team performance
- Work closely with Account Executive teams and Sales and Marketing Management to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize the effectiveness of the sales development team
- Remove whatever roadblocks arise that could impede the success of the SDR team
Knowledge And Experience
- Experience leading and growing a sales or sales development team, preferably in a Enterprise-caliber SaaS environment; knowledge of marketing and product buyers is desired but not required
- Proven track record training, coaching and mentoring SDRs and managers
- Understanding of larger ACV, enterprise sales processes as well as account seeding strategies is a must
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and services
- Aptitude for building reports and making data-driven decisions
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Driving Continuous Improvement
Adapting to Change
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.