Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
The Competitive Intelligence and Market Manager delivers actionable insights and sales tools to help Benevity position and win against key competitors. The Competitive Intelligence and Market Manager conducts primary and secondary research, analyzes information and data, synthesizes and creates compelling content for executive presentations, battle cards, feature matrices, pricing comparisons, etc.
The candidate should have exceptional communication skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple time-sensitive projects.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of Benevity’s product portfolio and competitor landscape
- Provide actionable insights and differentiators on key competitors across the product portfolio
- Be the subject matter expert on competitor’s product offerings for Product and Product Marketing; including informing the product roadmap with insights from relevant competitors and highlighting opportunities for new product innovation and growth
- Create and maintain competitive decks, battle cards, playbooks, SWOT, win-loss analysis, pricing analysis
- Assist in the training and delivery of competitive assets and other sales enablement activities
- Conduct interviews with internal and external sources to better understand competitors’ products, go-to-market strategy, and win/loss results
- Provide direct deal support for head-to-head competitive evaluations, including new business as well as clients who are evaluating the competition
- Deliver competitive newsletter with the most important competitive reports and why it matters to the organization
- Work on deep dive competitor-specific research projects to better understand their products using primary and secondary sources
- Maintain executive dashboard for senior leadership and board members to understand the competitive landscape and win/loss insights
- Monitor up-and-coming startups, incumbent players, and adjacent markets
- Proactively identify new competitive threats before they impact revenue
What You Will Bring
- 3-5+ years of working in competitive intelligence and pricing or product marketing in the hi-tech and market research market. SaaS expertise a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, especially across marketing, product management and sales channels
- Strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into relevant, understandable and actionable insights for different stakeholders
- Strong market research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve. Excellent time management skills
- Creative self-starter with a can-do attitude. Can work independently, be self-reliant, and self-motivated
Discover your purpose at work
If you’re at a point in your career where you want your work to truly matter, and you get excited about growing leaders and business, Benevity is the place for you. As one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, we help iconic brands and their people do more good in the world.
We are the market leader in our space and have a 99% client retention rate — and it’s because of smart, inspiring leaders like you who bring us (and our clients) to the next level.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com.
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.