Manager, Competitive Intelligence (US Strategy) | Businesses, Global and Strategic Services (BGS)
Are you passionate about helping leaders identify opportunities and navigate challenges at the intersection of strategy, innovation, and insight? Do you have a background in strategic management, consulting, or competitive intelligence, or have you worked within an internal strategy or intelligence team? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions - this is the right role for you!
Work You'll Do:
As a CI Manager, you will lead projects and programs that help Deloitte's leaders understand the competition and the professional services market, respond to events, frame the future, and win in the market. You will build the team's understanding of the competitive landscape by developing and delivering analyses and insights related to Deloitte's businesses, competitors, and the environment in which competition unfolds. You will work with many of the senior-most leaders in the organization, including the US Chief Strategy Officer, to support the intelligence needs of the US CEO and Executive Committee and to inform the strategic choices of the US Firm. In addition, you will frequently collaborate with other internal strategy and research teams, including US Innovation, DTTL (global) Strategy, and the US Consulting Strategy Office. Finally, you will be asked to help the team continuously improve by researching and implementing new tools and processes.
- Developing subject matter expertise and delivering deep thinking related to Deloitte's businesses, competitors, and the professional services industry
- Analyzing markets, competitors, and technology trends, including synthesis of implications relevant to areas under study
- Scoping, managing, and executing projects that provide information and insight responsive to internal client needs
- Designing and executing analytic programs-including open-source research, interviews with subject matter experts, and quantitative research-that support those projects
- Leading teams of junior practitioners to gather and analyze information and develop presentations; coaching them to superior performance
- Preparing and delivering reports on findings to Deloitte leaders
Part of Deloitte LLP, CI is a distinct competency within Deloitte's internal strategy team, which supports and leads projects focused on growth, innovation, risk, and operations of Deloitte's US firm. It reports to the US Chief Strategy Officer and is part of Deloitte's Businesses, Global and Strategic Services group.
- BS/BA required; Master's degree/MBA or coursework in strategy or competitive analysis preferred
- 7+ years of relevant work experience required
- Intellectual curiosity; professional skepticism; business, financial, and economic literacy; and cogent, persuasive expression are foundational requirements of the role
- Exceptional standards for quality in writing, speaking, and independent thought, as well as a demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the professional services industry, are critical to success in the role
- Candidates with experience supporting strategy development strongly preferred. Foundational knowledge of emerging technologies and landscape (e.g., cloud, cognitive) and strong experience with data analytics and visualization software are desired
- Work experience must include proficiency with storyboarding and messaging for different stakeholder groups, preparing and delivering executive presentations, and project management
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required
- Candidates must be self-starters and comfortable operating in virtual environments. The CI team is virtual, with members and clients in multiple regions of the US and overseas
- Candidates must be problem-solvers with an ability and willingness to look at issues and information in new and different ways
- Primarily virtual (Ability to travel up to 0-25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship available for role
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $115,030 - $236,215.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.