✍🏽 About Writer
AI your people will love. That's our vision, and it contains multitudes :-)
We're filling a big need for generative AI built ground-up for the needs of enterprises and embraced by their teams. As generative AI became a board-level initiative almost overnight for most enterprises, our market matured dramatically and we benefit from that tailwind. Our product is highly differentiated, our roadmap is transformative, and our customers are happy and vocal.
We’re looking for our first-ever head of sales enablement that will help shape the program from the ground up, tackling everything from onboarding, product enablement, learning resources, and sales training program management. You will be reporting to the Head of GTM Strategy & Operations, who has previously led an enablement team from Series B to post-IPO.
📐 About This Role
Generative AI is a new category with lots of potential and opportunity but also a lot of noise & competition. Writer’s able to stand out from the crowd by delivering production-ready AI solutions that solve real use cases and drive real business value.
Our ideal sales enablement leader is someone who can help our sales team become subject-matter experts and trusted advisors who understand AI, our product, and the customer’s industry deeply; this is the only way that’ll allow us to help shepherd prospects through transformational AI projects. Our average deal sizes are 6-figures and are driven by solution-selling in mid-market and enterprise segments.
This role is a perfect opportunity for someone that loves to build and mold programs and processes across every level of the organization. If you love to ship impactful work, collaborate, and iterate quickly, be provided real, tactical feedback, and have your perspective and intuition trusted to leave your imprint on Writer, this is the right role for you.
Lastly, this is a new role at Writer, so we’re looking for someone who can both plan for the future and execute for the present.
🦸🏻♀️ Your Responsibilities
- Define a strategy for enablement that spans across every role while making thoughtful trade-offs around where to focus and go deeper
- Help codify our sales process into plays and playbooks that allow us to run a repeatable process
- Sales onboarding program - build, maintain, and scale an onboarding program that delights our new hires, quickly ramps them up on product, competitive, and sales process knowledge, and allows each hire to maximize their potential for success
- Product enablement - help product marketing translate their messaging and positioning of new product launches into sales-ready content
- Sales methodology enforcement - work with our VP of Sales & Head of GTM Ops to align on a sales methodology and to help drive enforcement
- Tech & tooling training - work with ops teams to deliver relevant trainings
- Change management - startups are changing all the time! You’ll play a critical role in helping with change management and communication initiatives to the field.
📊 Metrics you’ll review or be accountable for:
- SDR, sales rep, & manager ramp times
- Avg time to first six-figure deal
- Sales velocity - ASP x win rate x cycle times
⭐️ Is this you?
- 12+ years of experience working in L&D, enablement, or product marketing
- SaaS sales enablement experience is a must
- Ability to distill complex subjects into formats, trainings, and materials that are accessible to our sales teams but also our end users/prospects
- Ability to program-manage complex multi-stage projects like sales methodology trainings
- Own and run all sessions, spanning from inspirational types like SKOs to more continuous development workshops
- Ability to drive alignment across numerous stakeholders
- Thrives in ambiguity and can create paved roads from dirt paths
- Experience doing sales enablement on a technical product is a plus
- Ability to present to broader audiences both in-person and remotely
- Open to honest (and kind) feedback; tough skin
- Self-aware and committed to learning the why for both successes and failures
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you build and ship
- Experience managing and building relationships across multiple stakeholder levels, including C-Level
- Incredibly curious and an active listener
- A genuine leader
- A connection to our mission of “Great writing for everyone”
- A natural affinity to our values of connect, challenge, own
Curious to learn more about who we are and how we operate? Visit us here
- We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.