Our network of global Microsoft Technology Centers (MTC) are premium customer-facing facilities built to help enterprise customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross-workload solutions. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
You will play a key role as the Sales Strategy Enablement Lead for the program worldwide. The MTC is the hub of the Microsoft ecosystem. We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to drive the sales enablement and execution of the Microsoft Technology Center program. Primarily centered on the objective of meeting and exceeding our revenue targets, this role includes owning enabling the sales execution of the core program and key initiatives. This entails developing priority enterprise and scale motions with executable go-to-market initiatives. The role will oversee the key processes and operations that support the program.
As the Global Sales Enablement Lead, Microsoft Technology Centers, you will enable our MTC field to achieve our collective growth aspirations by building the capabilities and execution excellence in our technical sales disciplines and operations. You’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Commercial Solution Areas (CSA), Business Groups/Marketing and field.
The Global Sales Enablement Lead will ensure we translate strategy into efficient execution. This person will build approaches that harness the feedback, knowledge, and power of our MTC, CSA and sales communities to make our offerings, programs and people improve to deliver even more value to our customers. This leader will be an advocate for the field and will be counted on to represent the voice of the field and customers across our program.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Sales Strategy Project/Program Leadership: Develops, drives, and executes the MTC sales strategy and other strategic projects/programs and teams across organizational boundaries as a project lead through defining plans, goals, deliverables, feedback, resource balancing, and timing expectations. Proactively identifies complex roadblocks and addresses them. Initiates and drives multiple projects and topic areas including project plans, recommendations, impact, and syndication across groups. Identifies, evaluates, and proposes new project work/deals based on unmet needs.
- Problem Solving and Insights: Synthesizes findings into insights across sales projects, including implications that inform sales go-to-market objectives, leveraging executive presence to influence decisions and proactively identifying expansive ideas for field and partner sales strategy. Leverages insights to develop recommendations and seeks to provide thought leadership (e.g., sales trend identification, implications of competitor moves, solution area gaps) around potential future growth opportunities and strategic issues for Microsoft sales processes. Creates frameworks and methodologies to drive problem solving and insights. Shares best practices with peers.
- Facilitate Field Rhythm of the Business: Prepare Quarterly Business Conversation framework, data insights and follow-up. Summarize overall insights and feedback. Organize action items and connection with key stakeholders.
- Control and Monitor Results: Ensure right key performance indicators (KPIs) in place to achieve right outcomes for our customers and to measure business impact. Analyze sales outcome and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement to drive sustainable revenue and consumption growth
- Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors and cross-organizational partners including Commercial Solution Areas, Engineering, Product Marketing, and Worldwide Specialist Teams/Customer Success.
- Sales Insights & Platforms: Collaborates with business, platform, and tools experts to provide updates and report key metrics needed to assist sales and partner teams to drive the sales business forward. Addresses any tools, platform, or business escalations when needed. Collaborates with key stakeholders across Microsoft to update the platforms and tools. Provides support success measurements based on data from tools and platforms.
- Operations & Support: Oversee program operations and support of field MTCs including platforms and reporting as well as digital demo platform governance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field AND 7+ years marketing, strategy, sales, sales leadership, program management, project management, business planning, consulting, finance, economics, and/or partner organization experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field AND 5+ years marketing, strategy, sales, sales leadership, program management, project management, business planning, consulting, banking, finance, economics, and/or partner organization experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience working directly with senior sales executives and sales teams
- Experience building forward-looking performance indicators that help anticipate issues
- A track record of delivering complex projects that have measurable results
- Experience in subsidiaries/areas
- Reliable written, verbal, presentation skills to drive sales success and partner closely with stakeholders throughout the company.
Sales Strategy Enablement IC5 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 - $242,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $159,000 - $264,000 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.