We are looking for an experienced Global Product Marketing Director who will be responsible for driving go-to-market activities. This includes messaging and positioning of our products and solutions, as well as setting up a competitive intelligence framework.
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we require to drive sales and marketing success and ultimately achieve results. As the product champion, you will play an integral role in organising product launches.
Insight into our industry competitors should be at your fingertips as your role will involve creating strategy based what they do today and their future plans. Client knowledge is also key to strategy development, in particular understanding how their buying decisions are made. The insights you create will need to be reinforced with market evidence and in turn, your application of that knowledge will drive positioning that resonates with clients and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
Part of the role also includes defining and delivering best practice for product marketing, campaigns, launches and thought leadership. This will assist our Solution teams in creating compelling and consistent sales material to elevate our USPs, campaigns and thought leadership, demonstrating our expertise in these areas.
This position reports to the Group Marketing Director, and requires extensive collaboration with content marketing, digital marketing and sales. You will partner closely with internal stakeholders such as Demand generation, Thought Leadership and Product Leaders.
- Define, manage, and execute comprehensive go-to-market strategies for new and existing product and solutions, ultimately creating demand for products and increase sales.
- Develop product messaging that differentiates new products and services from others in the market. Translate high-level strategy and positioning into concrete deliverables (campaign blueprints, messaging frameworks, value propositions, etc.)
- Develop marketing material for client facing teams to engage in conversations with clients and prospects.
- Create, maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-lead research.
- Screen and select competitive intelligence vendors (ie Klue, Contify…)
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with demand generation to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make.
- Drive research, recommendations, and discussions to evolve our brand architecture. Analyze and synthesize – look beyond the parts to optimize for the company/brand portfolio as a whole.
- Drive product marketing activity: campaigns and commercial activities with engaging product content consistently across all internal and external channels to help convert sales and generate new leads.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products and solutions you support, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Have a solid marketing background including digital with an interest in or experience of market research
- 7+ years managing end-to-end product marketing
- Client-centric. A marketer who will put the client perspective first and foremost
- Ability to develop and implement processes to scale product marketing to succeed in a rapidly growing marketing and product orgs
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable reviewing and analysing business performance metrics, KPIs, ability to pivot when the data tells you
- Results-driven, with a passion for using data to build marketing campaigns that solve business problems, advance our brand narrative, and resonate with our member base
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to influence cross functional teams
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Pardot (and Salesforce), Zoho
- Self-starter with a ‘hands on’ approach with an appetite for knowledge and passion for Kantar and our ability to help clients
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity, therefore we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.