PayNearMe is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
We are a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. We’re headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed all across the US. Help us reimagine payments!
We’re in growth mode and looking to add a dynamic Director, Product Marketing, to our PayNearMe team. This position will report to the VP, Marketing.
The Director, Product Marketing, is a hands-on leader that will be responsible for driving PayNearMe’s product marketing strategy to drive growth, relevance, differentiation and value of our products in the Bill Payment and iGaming & Sports Betting segments. You will collaborate with cross-functional leaders and teams in virtually all aspects of product and portfolio strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution and analysis.
What you’ll own and be responsible for:
- Lead the product marketing function for the company, collaborating cross functionally to help drive overall product architecture, roadmap and product/feature positioning in a rapidly evolving, highly competitive financial technology category.
- Drive the product positioning, messaging, branding/naming, and value proposition for PayNearMe products and services in target vertical markets.
- Plan the launches of new products and features, and releases of existing products/features, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; create sales enablement collateral including sales decks, product sheets, presentations/videos, demo scripts, competitive battle cards, and objection handling sheets and teach them how and when to use it.
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of product and features, use cases and case studies, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys and sales data.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned, and how/where our products compare.
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to develop omni-channel go-to-market campaigns and content that resonate with our target buyer personas at all stages of the sales cycle.
- Initiate, define and manage market research studies in collaboration with internal and external resources and the product team.
- Contribute to the strategy and plan to expand product/features to new verticals, new segments organically, or via partnerships.
- 10+ years B2B product marketing experience; financial technology or financial services preferred.
- Hands-on strategic, analytical leader with experience working in a technology company in high growth mode. Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is—or isn’t—working.
- Knowledge of B2B SaaS customer buyer journey and how marketing influences different stages in the sales and renewal cycle.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating complex technical product information in various formats and channels.
- Strong content creation skills with a portfolio of work to show.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, clients, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Comfortable using various collaboration, content and user testing tools including Slack, Jira, Seismic, Salesforce.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, distributed, technology-focused organization, managing multiple simultaneously with a positive sense of urgency, ownership and accountability.
- Proven success working cross functionally and closely with a product team.
Travel: Twice a year to headquarters (COVID-19 permitting)
- Great compensation package plus extensive benefits
- Remote working opportunity
- Fast-paced and professional work culture
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Team outings and events when permitted
Salary Range: $170,000 - $200,000
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.