At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There's something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We're energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we're just getting started!
Are you a leader in Product Marketing? Are you an expert at leading cross-functional teams to drive meaningful business results? Do you have the vision of a strategist and the urgency of an operator to find the quickest path to sustainable revenue growth? Can you build great cross-functional relationships, get leadership buy-in, and launch new business initiatives all without breaking a sweat?
Then this is the role for you.
We are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to drive our marketing and sales products for small businesses. This role spans across all our product areas and will be key to maintaining consistency and differentiation between features. You'll develop effective multi-product positioning and messaging while driving packaging and pricing recommendations that span across two platforms. At the same time, you'll be partnering with cross functional teams to drive effective marketing and sales strategies to grow our business.
We are looking for someone who can collaborate seamlessly to drive, monitor and communicate results. Strong candidates will have experience leading cross-functional teams spanning Marketing, Sales, Product, Business Development, and Customer Operations with proven results.
Candidates must have a passion for executing quickly and strategically, while building great working relationships along the way. Top candidates will also have core product marketing experience defining product positioning, pricing and packaging, and digital growth strategies. We are looking for someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and has a strong bias for action.
What you'll do:
- Advance our position in the market with buy-in and alignment from product management, sales, marketing and executive leadership
- Strong coach-player skills with the ability to get things done. Lead Product Marketing Strategic Planning team, while liaising with Research & Intelligence and Go-To-Market to drive consistency and efficiency across Product Marketing.
- Refine positioning framework and ensure new features are appropriately accounted for to drive consistency in messaging across channels and teams.
- Monitor and maintain competitive messaging, internal resources, and sales enablement materials.
- Evaluate pricing and packaging across Constant Contact's product lines to ensure we continue to offer the right mix of features and price points
- Partner with Product teams to align on holistic product roadmaps and communicate across the organization.
- Create information sharing strategies and platforms to keep the company up to date on product and marketing news.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-stakes, high-visibility, rapidly changing environment
- Partner with our Creative and Web team to continually refresh, test, and optimize our core messaging, positioning, and presentation on our website
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent
- 10+ years of Product Marketing experience defining positioning, pricing, and packaging strategies that drive business results with experience in both products and services
- Track record of proven business results from leading cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker and experienced operator: Proven ability to both identify opportunities in the marketplace and drive action to pursue those opportunities
- Strong collaborator who can build great working relationships with both peers and executive leadership
- Excellent ability to create logic-driven, data-backed recommendations; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Marketing mindset focusing on customer needs, how we match offers to those needs, and how we get target customers to buy (and rebuy)
- Self-starter who can operate with limited guidance but knows when to ask for help
- Positive attitude and proven team player
- Fearless to take on new responsibilities or try something new
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
- Experience defining and leading execution of cross-sell or upsell strategies with experience in both eCommerce and direct sales channels
- Experience in technology industry serving consumer or SMB markets
- Experience managing 1+ direct reports
The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education and work location. In addition, some roles may be eligible for additional on target commission pay or bonus. The compensation package includes health and welfare benefits including paid leave.
Pay Transparency - All Employees
Why You'll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another's differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won't find a better spot to share your talent. We're dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You'll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we're all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.