Stride enables independent workers to reap the benefits of their independence. We simplify the challenges of being self-employed by helping workers handle the complexities of insurance, finances, and taxes — in one convenient platform. Since we were founded in 2014, we have helped over 3.7 million workers save an estimated $5.4 billion on their taxes and monthly health insurance premiums.
Stride partners with over 100 leading companies like Uber, Amazon, DoorDash, and Instacart to provide their independent workers with access to our benefits platform. The company is backed by $96 million in capital from Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, Fidelity’s F-Prime Capital Partners, Mastercard, Allstate and King River.
Cash compensation range: $200,000-$230,000 USD annually + equity
We are looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing to play an integral role in shaping and driving our overall product marketing strategies. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to develop customer insights, analyze the competitive landscape, and lead the creation of compelling value propositions. This role will involve aligning marketing and product roadmaps, and executing effective go-to-market strategies. Strong communication skills, a proven track record in consumer-facing product launches, and the ability to untangle and manage complex problems strategically are essential to success.
- Influence and shape product strategies, positioning and narratives through the use of data and insights for target audiences in close collaboration with research, product, comms and policy.
- Develop deep customer insights, segments and personas that extend company wide
- Analyze our competitive market to size up our opportunity and inform our pricing & packaging strategies
- Drive the development of positioning and value propositions in collaboration with other key stakeholders
- Align the marketing roadmap with the product roadmap on a regular basis
- Collaborate with product and design on in-product marketing moments, communication and copywriting
- Lead the development of our marketing collateral and assets
- Develop and execute on go-to-market strategies including goals, metrics for success, asset development and integrated launch planning with cross functional partners.
- Design and maintain user journeys post-acquisition to drive increased product usage, member retention and referral
- Own product communications for key product updates and changes as well as manage incident communication if/when there are product-related issues
- Partner with brand and growth marketing on outbound marketing and advertising strategies and programs to drive awareness, adoption and long term engagement
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, with the majority concentrated in product marketing
- Experience with consumer GTM strategies based on consumer driven insights
- Proven success with consumer facing product launches and consumer campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Product, Marketing, Policy and Communications teams at all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Comfortable using project and collaboration tools such as Slack, Confluence, JIRA, Figma and others
- Familiar with marketing analytics tools such as Amplitude, Tableau and Braze
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is/isn’t working
- Must be a strong communicator and a solid writer.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Experience in Fin-tech, healthcare and growth start-ups a plus
Leadership Competencies / Values
- Low Ego / High Intellectual Humility/Curiosity - Actively seeks input and perspective of others. Receives feedback well.
- Confidence - Demonstrates a high level of confidence in decision-making and problem-solving, while also being receptive to feedback and willing to adapt plans as needed. Displays a confident and professional demeanor in interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellence - Sets high standards of performance for self and others. Low tolerance for mediocrity.
- Integrity - Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interest.
- Resourcefulness / Initiative - Passionately finds ways to achieve results despite lack of resources. Shows bias for action.
- Adaptability - Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Team Player - Leads peers to do what is best for the company. Approachable.
- Intelligence - Acquires understanding and absorbs information rapidly.
- Self-Awareness / Feedback - Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses. Uses feedback mechanisms.
This resource will help explain Stride’s Compensation Philosophy and compensation practices, and will answer some common questions you might have.
Stride’s Compensation Philosophy utilizes a National Payscale, which is designed to fairly and equitably pay employees based on their performance and impact regardless of geographic location. For employees in the United States, our National Payscale leverages San Francisco Bay Area market data to determine our compensation bands for cash, commissions, or bonus (if applicable) and equity.
Unless otherwise noted, the cash compensation above is the total salary and does not include a bonus. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Striders will be given stock options to participate in Stride’s equity incentive program. We want all Striders to be an owner of the company, value that ownership, and be able to participate in any future positive outcomes for the company.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons. Our compensation ranges are designed to be competitive, equitable, and growth-oriented.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks Stride offers to all US-based employees.
At Stride, we believe in compensating Striders in ways that are true to their value in the marketplace, that inspire and motivate the team to execute our vision, that shape behavior toward productively building and sustaining Stride's culture, and that support the risks and rewards of a fast-growing technology company.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome are a real thing. This can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you!
Stride is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.