Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Our Legal and IP teams protect our profit and keep us competitive by ensuring our technology stays unique for as long as possible. They work directly with our engineers who invent the technology and our commercial team who develop the messaging, to create and defend the most compelling performance claims in each market.
About The Role
Our Competitor Intelligence team (CIT) is an integral part of Dyson’s legal and global community. The team has a clear and exciting mission; to deliver competitor intelligence to support Dyson’s delivery of industry leading technology and to alert/navigate the business through emerging competitor threats across the markets.
As Competitor Intelligence Manager you’ll report directly into the Head of Competitor Intelligence and manage the Competitor Intelligence Centre (CIC). You’ll be responsible for leadership within the CIC and providing Competitor Intelligence services pertaining to rapid response on competitor launches, Commercial /RDD projects etc. This is a key leadership role within the CIT team and your ai is to produce insightful analytics for our global stakeholders across Group, Categories, Markets, RDD, Commercial and Legal.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- CIT team leadership, strategy and people management.
- Enterprise-wide new launch communications and management of analysis, testing and investigative processes, through to end-of-phase summary document reporting and reviews.
- Proactively collecting and analysing claims, technologies and features made from launched products, and support if contentious.
- Maintaining the CI relationship and delivering analysis to support Dyson’s Commercial and RDD teams to deliver market-leading products and technology.
- Delivering a range of analytic outputs, from a hands-on review of a new launch product and competitor brand intelligence, through to general category knowledge, incorporating performance and market trends, features and technologies of interest.
- Providing an input into various sources of information, ranging from performance and sales data to market insights.
- Commissioning technical investigations of particular technologies, to support a project or a contentious competitor launch.
This role will be based on-site at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire. We can offer flexibility with our working days and hours.
You’ll be an authentic, energetic, and pioneering professional who can think differently about business problems and distil complex data sets with a proactive mindset, to produce meaningful actions and tangible outputs.
You’ll have a passion for the latest technology and be hungry to immerse yourself into Dyson and our competitors’ products; in order to drive industry-leading analysis. You’ll also be a naturally inquisitive person, with strong commercial acumen and work ethic. And you’ll enjoy working with data to uncover insights and patterns, whilst you collaborate with experts across our business.
Other Key Requirements Include
- Previous experience in Competitor Analysis or similar in a large, complex business.
- Previous team leadership and management experience (essential).
- Knowledge working with (and the manipulation of) data sets and working with best practice design and visualisation techniques, to produce data analytics and reporting.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver presentations to both small and large audiences, using your exceptional influencing skills.
- Project management skills; able to plan, prioritise, deliver and evaluate multiple projects individually and in teams.
- Managing relationships with business colleagues and building trust through collaboration.
- Passionate about technology and using data to tell stories and inspire others.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus (coach) travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.