The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role is responsible for tracking the activities of the overall market, specific competitors and providing activity updates, threat and opportunity assessments. This individual supports the development of new plans, programs, processes or products through findings and fact-based interpretations of competitive intelligence with a subject matter focus on competitive intelligence related to price, product and underwriting.
- Responsible for coordinating, maintaining, leading, and managing projects and processes
- Responsible for providing medium to high complexity analytical and competitive research
- Identify and communicate trends, competitive forces, competitor strategies
- Develop business recommendations based on scan findings
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in specific Allstate competitors
- Develop and create deliverables that inform decision-makers about Allstate competitors
- Provide education and facilitate discussion on market trends and hot topics
- Apply a proficient level of knowledge in competitive intelligence research, analysis and industry trends
- Develop business recommendations, present and communicate findings to various levels of management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Advanced project/process management and development
- Intermediate knowledge in using analytic tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of synthesis and storytelling as it relates to key competitive insights
- Intermediate critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant industry techniques (i.e. SWOT, scenario planning, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of P and C pricing, product and underwriting
- Intermediate ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Intermediate experience managing work of others
- Intermediate communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
Compensation offered for this role is $61,500.00-$105,750.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.