Job Description Summary
Under general direction of the Sr. Director of Strategy & Analytics, the Manager of Competitive Intelligence - Strategy will lead aggregating competitive intelligence from numerous data sources, identifying new data sources, creating a visualization dashboard, drive competitive analysis, update the annual industry update, update the global cost to deliver and assist in executing the strategic planning process.
Ideal candidate will have a background in data analytics with strong analytical rigor and problem-solving skillset. Most importantly a proven passion to identify issues, execute analysis, and translate data into insights. In addition, the role will require the thought leadership to facilitate the strategic planning process.
This role helps support the Lamb Weston strategic planning process, competitive intelligence activities, and competitive benchmarking.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage collecting competitive intelligence by setting up timelines, meetings, and deliverables across multiple functions. Working with team members to facilitate execution of projects from inception through integration
- To generate and maintain the adequate process and databases for gathering micro and macro economical, market, sector, competitive and product knowledge, follow-up analyses, distribution of content and competitive intelligence.
- Partner with business unit & functional leaders on strategic plan development. Seek inputs, collaboration, and information from all the functions involved in Lamb Weston's strategic planning process.
- Serve as the internal leader and "go-to" expert for business intelligence and market information.
- Ability to understand and apply internal and external business drivers, strategies, modeling to inform opportunities and strategic decisions.
- Market/Business Intelligence - Maintain the market intelligence for the company. Generate market intelligence through market data collection on strategic, tactical and operational level. Translate market data into business intelligence. Ensuring business strategies and plans are built on fact-based market data.
- Business Insights - Ability to identify, acquire and communicate insights, both specific customer and marketplace, which can serve as the basis for business strategy creation and initiatives/solutions. Ability to develop and execute impactful presentations of business proposals.
- Relationship Management - Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities and promote business growth, through a shared understanding of success criteria to achieve current and future business goals.
- Business Planning - Ability to facilitate, develop and implement comprehensive internal/external plans that deliver on objectives. Create models, develop business cases and automate data collection to update plans and inform strategy.
- Market Segment & Product Optimization - Using a clear understanding of strategic direction, ability to understand how product optimization, assortment & new item initiatives and "segment-based" solutions may influence strategic direction.
- Cross-Functional Resourcing - Ability to understand, apply and integrate knowledge of Lamb Weston, its customers and the industry as a whole, across functional areas, including supply chain, to optimize performance.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- 7 years of experience working in various finance or intelligence functions across an enterprise, required
- Financial and quantitative expertise
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and the ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and logically
- Ability to make balanced and insightful decisions
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and able to see the "big picture"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Proven and confident presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time with the possibility of international travel
- Valid US driver's license and ability to meet company driving standards
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-231189
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range posted based on various factors, including, but not limited to, job duties, experience and expertise. A candidate's work location could also impact the actual compensation being outside of the range to reflect local cost of labor. A reasonable annual estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $115,940.00 - $173,900.00
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law