Competitive Intelligence Manager
Arizona City, AZ
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
=Open to candidates anywhere in North America=
Veeam's Competitive Intelligence department is seeking a Competitive Intelligence Manager to expand our coverage of the competition.
As Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for all competitive tasks related to the competitors that you will cover, including the gathering, analysis, and delivery of factual, unbiased, and actionable competitive insight and collaterals.
You will cover a mixed set of competitors, including a major Enterprise one, a couple of secondary Mid-market competitors, and about 5 smaller competitors.
You will also become our technical expert for two to three technologies and use cases, such as Salesforce backup or disaster recovery orchestration.
You will oversee some of our Competitive Intelligence processes and tools as well, such as competitive resources consumption analytics.
You will provide competitive support to a broad set of both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Leadership, partners, and customers.
- Analyze the competitive needs: surveying the market and Competitive Intelligence users to understand what competition to cover, competitive resources to provide, and competitive strategies to implement
- Strategize Competitive Intelligence: developing and implementing processes and policies to improve data collection, information analysis and intelligence
- Conduct primary and secondary research on competitors' technology, positioning, sales tactics, pricing, strengths, and weaknesses
- Analyze and synthesize information to turn it into actionable intelligence by filtering out the noise, clearly articulating the major facts and how to act on them, as well as defining the strategy to defeat the competition
- Develop and maintain actionable competitive positioning, collaterals, and Sales strategy
- Distribute, promote, and present competitive insight, tools, and collaterals
- Help Sales teams differentiate Veeam in highly competitive opportunities
- Support Marketing, Pricing, and Product teams with competitive analyzes
- Support Executives' decision-making with relevant competitive intelligence and alert Executives of competitive opportunities and threats
- Ideally at least two years of Competitive Intelligence experience, doing research, analysis, collaterals creation, and support of diverse stakeholders
- At least three years of experience in Sales or Technical Sales
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on experience of backup, virtualization, datacenter, SaaS, or cloud technologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences in English
- Proven ability to autonomously write Sales, partner, and customer-facing documents
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, especially with Marketing, Sales, and Product Management
- Bachelor's degree in Competitive Intelligence, Marketing, software engineering, or Product Management
- Experience of the data protection market trends, vendors, and technologies is a plus