About the job
Location: Cambridge UK or Gothenburg - Sweden
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 1/2/2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Competitive Intelligence? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the service in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we’re inspired by the things that seem impossible. Here, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life.
With cardiovascular, renal and metabolic (CVRM) experience, coupled with business judgement, this role implements Competitive Intelligence (CI) activities to craft disease therapy area and product strategies to deliver a sustainably differentiated portfolio.
Please note, this role will be at Manager or Leader level depending on your previous experience.
With responsibility for supporting selected CVRM projects across the Early R&D portfolio this role:
- Co-ordinates, prioritizes and conducts CI research, analyses data and derives insights in consultation with the Early CVRM CI Director
- Represents the voice of competitive intelligence within individual project teams and at senior levels of the organization
- Supporting key project decision-making forums requiring CI input, the CVRM CI Manager:
- Deeply understands AZ and competitor products, CVRM and corporate strategy and key challenges and translates this into CVRM Insights and Strategy
- Represents the voice of Competitive Intelligence Area and influences peers and key decision makers to ensure the appropriate CI interventions are driving CVRM Projects and Strategy
- Demonstrates strong executive communication skills to share key insights and challenge critical thinking and assumptions with key partners, becoming a key thought partner
- Collaborates with the CVRM CI Director and wider CVRM CI team and partners to prioritize activities and build intelligence hypotheses and competitor analyses.
- Works across the CI Team to bring a proprietary intelligence driven external point of view into recommendations by bringing to bear a network of sources, vendors and publicly available information.
- Participates in forums, representing the competition and the external environment, providing insights and early warning intelligence.
- Provides view on the positioning of Early stage portfolio with respect to external competition and how this impacts clinical trial development and global commercial strategies. This includes supporting development of portfolio and disease area strategies.
- Ensures that generated know-how is accurately captured and analyzed within a central repository to feed into AZ’s novel central CI Platform
- Accountable for providing impactful daily insight summaries to senior partners across the wider AZ business
- Works in collaboration with wider AZ CI team on departmental projects.
Essential For The Role
- Science related Bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience in competitive intelligence, including key public and commercial information science sources, analytical technics, and visualization tools.
- Broad knowledge of healthcare ecosystem/dynamics
- Ability to prioritize and deal with complexity under time and other pressures.
- Highly collaborative, track record of building productive networks
- Service oriented, self-motivate and curious
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Prior experience working with and presenting to with senior executives.
- Educated to PhD or MBA level
- Deep expertise in CVRM-related Therapy Areas
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram