Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are an adept, curious researcher who knows how to make sense of an ever-changing field of offerings in the PEO industry. You think strategically and like to win. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment cross-functionally with departments such as marketing, product, enablement, sales, customer success, and executive leadership. You are passionate about supporting our customer-facing teams and enabling them to win.
As a Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for building out the Competitive Intelligence programs and pulse at Justworks. You will deliver timely and relevant competitive insights and analysis to inform decisions and strategy across the business. You will be the subject matter expert on our competition and industry, packaging insights and intelligence so our customer-facing teams drive revenue growth and retention.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Create and define competitive intelligence and strategies at Justworks
- Monitor competitor activities via CI tool, events, earnings calls, and other sources
- Synthesize competitor intelligence into digestible and actionable insights for sales, CS and other teams to leverage
- Update documentation and supporting resources in our knowledge management system as needed
- Monitor and work with our Training team to update training materials in our learning management system
- Create and maintain competitive battlecards and related messaging for sales and customer retention teams
- Become the go-to person for sales, CS, product, marketing, and executive teams on competitive insights, to drive coordination and influence business decisions and strategy
- Communicate CI strategy and KPIs to stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Competitive Intelligence Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge - the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a salesperson possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Competitive Intelligence, Sales Enablement, or B2B Marketing role
- Demonstrated ability to take complex things and explain them in an easy-to-understand and coherent manner
- Analytical and use data to support your position
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams and personalities
- High emotional intelligence
- PEO experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Proficient to advanced in Salesforce, G-Suite, Powerpoint or Keynote, and Excel
Please Note: We believe Justworks has a responsibility to support efforts to get as many people vaccinated as possible. We’re committed to safeguarding the well-being of our employees, their families and the broader community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated in accordance with its obligations pursuant to applicable federal, state, provincial, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.