Competitive Intelligence Analyst
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for gathering, analyzing and presenting information about competitor activities, market trends, and customer preferences to help the organization make informed business decisions. The successful candidate will have an understanding of data analysis and market research methodologies in the hi-tech industry, as well as exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Conduct market research, analysis and update battle cards to stay abreast of competitor activities and market trends.
- Proactively, gather and analyze data on customers, competitors, and market trends to identify business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of competitor information and market trends.
- Lead the monitoring of industry news, press releases, and other sources to identify significant developments or trends.
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate findings to the go to market teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as PMM, sales, and other go to market teams to support business decision-making processes.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in the field of competitive intelligence.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of PagerDuty’s products and differentiation in the market.
- Collaborate deeply with our go to market enablement and campaigns teams to empower sales and customer success with training, battle cards, objection handling, and customer facing content.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in market research or competitive intelligence.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills creating usable information for various audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Accountable for own performance and has a solution-oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of market research, methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Experience with market research software, such as SPSS, SAS, or R.
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
Additional InformationPagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program