Associate Product Marketing Manager, Tableau
San Francisco, CA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Marketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are seeking creative, motivated Associate Product Marketing Manager to drive and deliver innovative product marketing to support Tableau, the #1 analytics platform! In this role, you will work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and product teams to build messaging, positioning, content, events, and enablement.
Tableau is one of our generation's more storied and celebrated tech success stories. As a game-changer in the business intelligence industry, Tableau builds products that change how people think about data and analytics. Ease of use, staying in the flow of creativity, and empowerment all became synonymous with a brand that made visualizations fun, accessible, and powerful. But as the world moves to the cloud and organizations scramble to elevate data and analytics strategies, the current state of the business world has changed.
Our vision is to establish Tableau as the best analytics platform for all users everywhere. The APMM is responsible for defining and championing the Tableau Platform for data professionals. This includes working cross-functionally to launch new compelling features, build effective messaging and content to land the Tableau story, and partner with community, digital, social and other marketing teams to win the hearts and minds of the data fam!
Tableau is moving, growing, and changing quickly; it is an environment you embrace. You will be exposed to many different projects and are excited to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done.
Data Analysts are a core part of Tableau’s DataFam. They’re incredible professionals who glean valuable insights from data to advise better business decisions.
This role is responsible for defining and communicating the core value of Tableau for data professionals, including analysts, data engineers, and data scientists. This includes working with the product team to understand the roadmap and product experience, plan releases for key and relevant features, and build the right messaging and content that can be used by marketing and sales to tell the Tableau story to this distinct and crucial audience.
- Lead the overall positioning of Tableau for the data analyst, data engineer, and data scientist personas.
- Build product marketing materials ranging from demos to web copy, presentations, whitepapers, and more to deliver that message to the market
- Be the spokesperson and champion for the ‘data analyst’ persona for the entire Tableau sales and marketing organization
- Work with product management to understand and communicate the analyst vision, help craft the evolution of the product, and provide critical feedback
- Be a subject matter expert for Tableau and corresponding features & functionality
- Be a thought leader and act as a spokesperson for Tableau at events and with press and analysts
- Present to audiences at live meetings, webinars, and various Salesforce events
- Support the Tableau sales team with demos, presentations, and product knowledge
Required Skills / Experience
- 2+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, or solution engineering
- Strategic marketing skills, able to hone in on the product's core value proposition and customer benefit
- Ability to work with product teams, think about the customer experience, and translate that into a go-to-market strategy
- Familiarity with the Data Analyst persona is a plus
- Excellent at driving cross-functional alignment, from working with product and engineering to sales and marketing.
- Excellent writing ability, including the ability to communicate technical concepts
- Passion for a fast-growing, constantly evolving environment
- Tableau product knowledge or the ability to learn it quickly
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience will be evaluated based on alignment to the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer work, etc.)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $106,200 to $146,000.
For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $97,300 to $133,800.
For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $106,200 to $146,000.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.